Students learn phonic rules, speed, comprehension, and phrase reading, one-step story problems and beginning subtraction
- Review of names and sounds of the letters, consonant-vowel blends, one and two-vowel words.
- Beginning phonic rules and special sounds. .
- Writing of blends from dictation. .
- Reading skills: speed, comprehension, and phrase reading. .
- Writing letters, blends, words, and sentence.
- Writing name.
- Recognition and writing of sentences with capital letters and periods.
- Thirteen poems committed to memory.
- God's Plan for Seeds.
- God's Plan for Animals.
- God's Plan for the Seashore.
- God's Plan for Me.
- God's Plan for Weather.
- God's Plan for Seasons.
- Number recognition and counting 1-100
- Number concepts 1-100
- Numbers before and after 1-100
- Counting and writing by tens to 100
- Counting and writing by fives to 100
- Counting and writing by twos to 100
- Number sequences by ones
- Using number words 1-10 and first-tenth
- Value of coins and dollar bill
- Telling Time
- Using the calendar
- Days of the week
- Addition facts through 10
- One-step story problems in addition
- Beginning subtraction
- Community Helpers.
- Children of the World.
- America: Our Great Country (mao, studies, famous Americans and places).
- Lessons such as Salvation Series, Life of Moses, Life of Christ, Joshua, Gideon (includes memory verses, hymns/choruses, and Bible doctrine)