Students learn consonant blends, one and two vowel words, reading short stories, cursive writing, addition and other number concepts.
- Recognition of name, sound, and picture of long and short vowels and consonants. Sounding of blends and one and two vowel words.
- Reading of sentences and stories with one and two vowels .
- Formation of letters, blends and words.
- Writing of first name.
- Twenty-six poems and finger plays committed to memory.
- Language development and listening skills that include color, words, shapes, animals, transportation, countries, community helpers, health, safety, manners, science.
- Number recognition and counting 1-100.
- Number concepts 1-20.
- Numbers before and after 1-20.
- Numbers largest and smallest 1-20
- Additional Facts 1+1, 2+1, 3+1, 4+1, 5+1, 6+1, 7+1, 8+1, 9+1.
- Creation, Noah, Boy Samuel, Daniel, Boyhood of Jesus, Zacchaeus, Good Samaritan (includes memory verses and hymn/chorus).
- Traditional and fun songs
- Development of motor skills in drawing, coloring, cutting, and gluing.